Monday, July 5, 2010

The Month of June

The Month of June has been a very busy month for us. It all started out with a special visit from one of my favorite cousins. We love sharing a little bit of Savannah with our family and friends. We are blessed to be living in such a wonderful place!!! I love visits from family. Thanks for coming and spending a fun day with the Burns family. We love and miss you.

We all survived school. Camper #2 graduated from Kindergarten.

And Camper #1 survived 2nd grade. And once again, she loved her teacher.


Then came....Girls Camp. I can not tell you how lucky I am for a family that supports me and
makes it possible to fullfill this church calling. I love working with the YCL's and I had an amazing group this year. My YCL's were over the 1st year campers, this year. They shared a tremendous amount of love for these girls.


We just love the 1st year girls. I know that they are all looking forward to coming to camp next year. You girls were the greatest!!!

Right after camp, came a very special day. Camper #1 was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What a wonderful day!

We love you and are so pleased that you made the choice to be Baptized.

June ended with a trip to the Mountains, of western North Carolina. It was so relaxing, fun, and so very, very, COOL. We missed not having Mr. Burns with us... but we had a great time with our wonderful MeMaw.


Most of our time was spent playing in the fresh mountian stream. We also enjoyed doing nothing. Don't forget the campfires, roasting mashmellows, and catching lightning bugs. We tried to tell ghost stories, but that didn't last to long. We started the story of a one legged man that roamed the mountians, and the kids started screaming and crying.

We had a great Month of June.


1 comment:

BugsNBubbles Family said...

I can't believe she is so big! We miss you guys. I love when you post on your blog so I can see the updates of your family. They are all so beautiful!
HUGS!!!
Diana