Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Cool Breeze

As I was washing dishes in the kitchen sink today, the water seemed to be colder than usual. So, I went outside and found a very cool, pleasant breeze. The first thought that came to me was, "this feels like Utah weather."

So, I went through my house and opened all the windows and doors. I was so excited to be able to turn off the air conditioner, air out our house awhile, and still feel that cool breeze throughout our home. I can not tell you how happy this made me feel. I still have a smile on my face.

You have to understand, while living in Savannah, this type of weather does not happen to often. It is either.....



too hot,



too sunny,



too buggy,



or there is too much humidity in the air.



So, it was a beautiful day today.

We also made a trip to the park. The kids had a great time playing and running around. I was actually brave enough to take Camper #3 without being strapped in a stroller. Camper #3 enjoyed walking to the park, but notice the dog on his back. He still likes to run off into the street, so he got to wear the tether. Oh wells.







6 comments:

K2 said...

So fun! I love the new layout of your blog. Totally awesome! I am so blessed to have you in my life and I'm so glad you started a blog.

Momzoo said...

I love the new template!!!

It is so nice when you can open windows again. I get so excited in the spring to finally have a day warm enough I can, and then in the fall when it cools off enough I can turn off the ac and open those old windows!

Those are the moments that make your days special.

Lisa Brown said...

What a pretty new layout :). And yes this weather has been amazing!!! I happily donned a pair of my jeans today and put Lily in a sweater :).

Oh, and if Joshua stays anything like Derek, he will need the leash for another year at least - he he!

Bailey Family said...

I love the air out the house days. Necessary after a long summer of AC!! Your kids are the cutest. I love that picture of Camper #3. He is handsome and a heartbreaker.

Stephanie said...

Hey gorgeous!

I just found your blog from coming off of Jill's. It's fun to see your beautiful kids.

Write some more! Put more pictures! And then come and see my blog - www.dancingaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

Love,
Stephanie Stempinski

Carlia said...

Kristi, your kids are dolls! I'm so excited that I found you after all these years!